23rd May 2022 | DAF Distributors Ireland Ltd
Lettuce specialists, Salad Ways, have recently taken delivery of a brand-new DAF 18 tonne LF 290 rigid unit.
Situated just outside Rush, in North County Dublin, Salad Ways currently have approximately 6 hectares of glass under production. Their products are grown and packed on site, for all the major supermarkets.
The highly spec’d vehicle includes:
- DAF white
- Day cab
- Roof hatch
- Reinforced cab suspension
- Rear axle differential lock
- Translucent external sun visor
- Front spring suspension
- Daytime running lights
- Integrated bumper mounted fog lights
- Luxury comfort air suspended driver seat
- Soft grip steering wheel
- Cruise control, forward collision warning, advance emergency braking system and reverse warning
- Px-7 engine 290 hp engine
- 6 speed AS Tronic automated gearbox, hill start
- 340 litre fuel capacity
- Air passenger seat
- Rear axle air suspension
- Rear LED tail lighting
- Full DAF three year factory warranty
Additional work carried out:
- DAF Kearns & Murtagh, Co Louth
- Body supplied & tail lift supplied by Cafco, Ballycoolin
- Rethink Graphics, Calbriggan
Martin Jones, Managing Director at Salad Ways, joined us at DAF Kearns & Murtagh for a handover from DAF Trucks Ireland Regional Sales Manager, Paul O’Reilly.
Many thanks to Martin and Salad Ways – happy trucking!